MALLORCA ADVENTURE

9/07/2015


Welcome to my first post on the new blog! It may seem a bit late for a holiday post but stick with it, because I only came back a few days ago from this holiday and it was still 28-30 degrees.

When someone said Mallorca (or Majorca) all I could think of was a holiday where people would be stumbling down a strip in Magaluf, or nursing a hangover in Palma. Its been advertised as a party place for party people, which can be fun, but I was after a quiet tranquil relax in the sun. When Cala Barca in Mallorca was the only place that was available to book last minute I just went for it. It was a family holiday so I wasn't too concerned about being roped into a crazy parties, but felt that for a family holiday it may not be as fun. However, it turned out to the the relaxing adventure I had waited for all year.

I didn't do much research on the hotel beforehand (which could've backfired) but I was ecstatic to find out that it was a hotel in a conservation area, so it was the only one allowed to be built in the area. It was more of a small village than a hotel with us getting our own apartment, and because I went with family it was perfect because we weren't always treading on each others toes. The hotel was a bit too family orientated for if I was alone, but it was a family holiday so was perfect.



















My outfit photos were taken on a beachside cliff five minutes away from the apartment. I stayed there for a the most tranquil outfit of the day shoot I have ever done. My top, caftan and shorts are all from the Topshop sale (which I really recommend, you can get some absolute steals!) and can still be worn in England but jeans with the top, and a long-sleeved top and tights with the shorts. The ............ can be worn with any short sleeved top to add a bit of femininity to an evening-meal outfit.
My sandals are from River Island bought a few years ago. They are leather and have proven more timeless and comfortable than i expected they would be when I bought them. 


That evening the makeup came off and the walking gear went on as I went for a trek around the 
nature reserve.
The coves in the reserve were tranquil and the small beach areas were dotted around so they were all fairly quiet. The beach in the picture below was a 2 minute walk out of the main complex and into the national park. The sea was so clear and a beautiful colour (as you can see) The people in the sea were so carefree, it was a really tranquil and relaxing moment that I could've stayed in forever.


It was amazing to be surrounded by a thriving green woodland area one minute, part some trees and be cliffside looking out onto the blue sea.. Even at 6.45 the sun was still out in full force (was still 29 degrees) despite September being upon us.  On another day I walked to a large beach a little further away from the hotel, it was a little later in the evening so there weren't too many people and it made for a lovely relaxing evening walk. I could happily live in Mallorca where after work I could go for long walks across the warm beach and soak up the quietly breathtaking atmosphere.





The final day was spent underground. After a few hot days in the sunshine snorkelling in the clear blue sea and dipping in the pool, I did something a little more touristy and visited the caves of Drach which were breathtaking underground formations, and a little cooler than outside so was quite refreshing. The formations looked Lord of the Rings-esque and must've been where JRR Tolkien drew inspiration from. I felt really emotional when a 6 piece orchestra started playing a piece by Chopin, it was breathtaking and so surreal. I got an overwhelming sense of being so lucky that this natural phenomenon was easily accessible whereas 100 years ago it would've been a very risky trip and certainly no orchestra would be there to serenade the explorers. I highly recommend a visit to these caves.

My eyes were definitely opened to the wonders of Mallorca beyond the party scene and I would thoroughly recommend a visit to Cala Barca/Cala D'or for the tranquility. My one post-holiday wish would be to buy property in Cala D'or because it is such a beautiful part of the world and its great to have such an amazing place only a 2 hour flight away!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

TWITTER FEED