Skirts Are Not Just for Summer

10/04/2015

Despite the unbearably bitter cold Autumn is one of my favourite months. There's a lot to be happy for in autumn. For one, its my birthday which is always a great excuse to catchup with friends and family who I don't get to see as much as i'd like. As if thats not enough to keep me content, a festive buzz starts creeping into the world during the autumnal months. With every jumper I purchase, the colours remind me of Christmas and staying warm in the snow. But sometimes floral patterns feel reserved for summer, especially with these prints creeping into Autumn/Winter collections. I endeavour to prove that floral can look comfortable as the leaves start to fall. 

xxThe key is to combine the florals with this seasons trends. High-wasted cuts and short skirts are this season designers' favourite cuts, so i've combined them into one super-trend. Wearing a skirt with tights takes the chill off a summer staple. Choose your summer vests for wearing under a jumper. A thin high neck ribbed number isn't too wintry but it definitely screams "hello autumn." I chose a dark green colour because for me, its a festive colour and when my birthday and Christmas around the corner its the perfect transition-colour for colder weather. 



As for the skirt print...the colours are deeper shades of summer pinks, oranges and greens. The burnt orange flowers emulate the colour of fallen leaves and laying on the black background definitely makes it an autumn print. Plus, the material is thicker with extra lining to thicken the material ( which is the perfect defence against random gusts of wind.) 

What is your favourite autumn trend this season? Have you any colour that you obsessively wear over the season? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

TWITTER FEED